It’s that time again…
- Be better about logging money spent each month. I use Mint for accounts but I also use the Saver iPhone app to keep track of specific expenses on the go. I often forget to do so, which means its analytics are useless if I’m not really making the effort to track what I’m spending.
- Practice music at least 3-4 times a week. I haven’t yet indicated specific musical goals I would like to achieve throughout the year, and I know that if I do so, practicing in a more focused matter will yield better results, but I’m at the point right now (i.e., I rarely practice and need to more!) where even unfocused practicing will help.
- Make a more concerted effort to be more practical about my grocery shopping, meal planning, and overall food waste. This is kind of self-explanatory, maybe, but essentially I’d like to be able to make smarter choices in the grocery store and reduce the amount of food that accidentally goes wasted. And, you know, make smarter meal choices in general.
- Do something active every day. I’m still in the middle of my Insanity quest (I’m going to write more about it next week, when I begin Month 2!), but that is set to end by February 2013. I’m hoping that I will stay motivated to keep up with regular exercise and yoga, as I kind of like that I’ve gotten to the point where exercising 3-4 times a week feels like “slacking.” I don’t know what Shaun T has done to me, but there you have it.
- Read 150 books, both prose and comic (though I know that including books of the comic type (and I don’t count single issues) may give me an edge on the prolificness here). No, seriously. If you’re on GoodReads, you can set your own challenge and watch your progress here.
- Be better about maintaining long-distance friendships and other such relationships. Too often I claim being “too busy” to keep in touch. Enough of that.
Did you make New Year’s Resolutions this year? Let me know what you’re hoping for in 2013!